Pros and Cons of Invisalign
August 8, 2021 | by Ziba Mahdi
If you’re not a big fan of braces, Invisalign is your next best option. Here’s what you need to do first. At first, you will have to book an appointment with an orthodontist. There will be a preliminary examination, where details of the treatment will be shared with you. The aligners are customized according to your teeth and what the end result should be. The clear trays put gentle pressure on your teeth and gradually move them into place, making them straight.
Here are the pros of Invisalign:
- It’s discreet: Metal braces may make you self-conscious, but these aligners certainly won’t. The aligners are clear and will be almost invisible to other people.
- It’s removable: If you ever feel like taking them out, maybe while eating specific foods, you will be able to do so.
- It treats a variety of conditions: Overbite, underbite, crossbite, all of them can be fixed with this orthodontic treatment.
- Comfort: Unlike metal braces, they don’t have brackets that could potentially cut your mouth.
- Low maintenance: As mentioned above, you can always remove them whenever you want. This will make maintaining your oral hygiene much easier, which in turn decreases the risk of getting tooth decay, gum diseases, and the like.
- Affordability: Many services will allow you to pay in small installments, so the cost will be much easier to bear.
The cons are:
- Time-consuming: An average treatment may last between a year to18 months. They’re still faster than braces, though.
- Severe conditions: Large teeth gaps, short teeth, pegged teeth may not be fixed by Invisalign.
- Expensive: Even with many payment options, it could still hurt your wallet.
If you’re considering this procedure to finally achieve the smile of your dreams, there are some great clinics that offer Invisalign treatments.